Exempt Status: Exempt
Location: Brooklyn, NY
Job Title: Equipment Rental Manager
Exempt Status: Exempt
Reports To: Inside Sales Manager
Location: Eastern Effects Inc. / 99 9th Street, Brooklyn, 11215
Date: January 2019
Supervisory Status: Non-Supervisory
Summary: Under ongoing but indirect supervision by the Inside Sales Manager, the Equipment Rental Manager determines the needs of potential customers and devises a total package to fit both their needs and their budget. Can negotiate prices within overall guidelines. A fair degree of latitude is expected.
- Manage customer accounts: monitor email and phone orders, prepare quotes, contracts and other responses to customer inquiries; assess customer needs and budget, offer equipment and service alternatives where appropriate. Negotiate overall price. Provide ongoing customer service. Process changes as necessary. Follow-up on returning orders. Process billing. Bill for losses/damages.
- Place/enter orders, paying special attention to delivery dates and existing inventory levels, etc. If required, schedule rental of non-owned items, negotiate price, through network of sub rental vendors.
- Initiate adjustments to existing orders as necessary, liaise with order fulfillment department, transportation departments and other members of the rental management team.
- Address customer feedback, positive and negative with management and sales team members. Apprise Inside Sales Manager of customer/industry trends.
- Other tasks or assignments as requested by management
- Must demonstrate initiative & results in setting and carrying out work priorities.
- Strong written and verbal communications abilities. Ability to remain friendly but professional at all times with customers and staff members.
- Attention to accuracy and detail.
- Communication: Exchanges both routine and complex information with all levels of staff and customers. Presents information clearly and concisely and in a timely fashion.
- Problem solving: must be able to solve problems efficiently as they arise, in real time.
- Teamwork: works effectively and cooperatively with team members, management and members of other department in order to serve the customer.
- Sees all tasks through to completion.
- Keeps product knowledge current in order to fulfill client needs best.
This position does not have supervisory responsibilities.
Experience / Educational Requirements:
- Required education: High School/GED necessary, college preferred
- 5+ years’ relevant experience in the technical or production side of the motion picture industry.
- Strong practical knowledge of grip and lighting equipment. The ability to recommend equipment to technical and non-technical clients and advise on equipment use and substitutions.
- Customer Service experience; strong follow-up skills
- Computer literacy: MS Office suite. Inventory software experience not required, but a plus.
- Excellent “people” skills. Willing to “go the extra mile” to satisfy the customer.
- Sitting in a normal seated position for extended periods of time
- Reaching by extending hand(s) or arm(s) in either direction
- Ability to see and hear within normal parameters
- Communication skills using the spoken and written word
- Finger dexterity to manipulate objects (e.g., keyboard, calculator, fax, etc.)
- Able to work in an industrial environment (some noise and dirt)
Position Type/Expected Hours of Work:
- This is a full-time position.