Exempt Status: Non-Exempt
Location: Brooklyn, NY
Job Title: Equipment Services Associate
Exempt Status: Non-Exempt
Reports To: Equipment Services Manager
Location: Eastern Effects Inc. / 99 9th Street, Brooklyn, 11215
Date: May 2018
Supervisory Status: Non-Supervisory
Summary: Eastern Effects’ Equipment Services Associate prepare lighting and grip equipment orders, and check in those orders upon return, in accordance with customer requests, daily priorities, and high company standards for equipment completeness, functionality, and package presentation.
- Perform order check-out processes including but not limited to: pulling equipment orders, packing equipment orders, order verification, and quality assurance
- Perform order check-in processes including but not limited to: unpacking of equipment, quantity count, detailed equipment inspection, and basic electrical and mechanical testing
- Resolve order discrepancies directly with company rental agents and the Equipment Services Supervisor
- Assist with vehicle loading and unloading of equipment orders
- Assist with in person, customer order check-outs and check-ins
- Return equipment to its proper warehouse location
- Maintain a clean and safe work area
- Periodic participation in a rental emergency assistance program which includes on-call customer problem troubleshooting, resolution, or escalation to management.
- Other tasks or assignments as requested by management
- Customer Commitment: Provide the highest level of honest and accountable customer support & response. Ability to multitask in a customer focused, fast paced environment.
- Communication: Listens carefully to others, taking time to understand and ask questions. Present information and ideas clearly, concisely, and with grace. Comfortable providing frequent progress updates to supervisors and team members.
- Problem Solving: Execute work in a disciplined and organized way. Stay flexible and adapt to changing conditions and unexpected situations. Makes high quality decisions based upon facts and business priorities.
- Teamwork Orientation: Understands the common purpose and clear goals of the company, works within a team environment to achieve a common aim. Willingness to share information with colleagues. Ability to work through conflict, take responsibility and build team consensus. Value own time and the time of others.
Experience / Educational Requirements:
- High School Diploma or equivalent.
- Minimum 2 years work experience in a similar position, warehouse environment, or related field.
- Ability to perform physical tasks on a constant basis
- Ability to continuously lift, lower, push all manner of equipment in excess of 50 pounds
- Ability to remain standing for an extended period
- Ability to see and hear within normal parameters
- Communication skills using the spoken and written word
Position Type/Expected Hours of Work:
- This is a full-time position
- Overtime is expected daily and year-round. Overtime can be heavy during high season, June through November.
- Must be available to work overtime and evenings when needed