Exempt Status: Non-Exempt
Location: Brooklyn, NY
Job Title: Facilities Custodian
Exempt Status: Non-Exempt
Reports to: Studio Manager
Location: Eastern Effects Inc. / 99 9th Street, Brooklyn, 11215
Studio Locations: 270 Nevins St., Brooklyn, 11217
210 Douglass St., Brooklyn, 11217
302 Sheffield Ave., Brooklyn, 11207
Date: September 2018
Supervisory Status: Non-supervisory
Summary: Eastern Effects’ Facilities Custodian is responsible for maintaining a continuous high-level of cleanliness and order for our studios, offices, and support spaces. Also, responsible for various building/grounds related tasks as listed below.
- Perform facility upkeep tasks including but not limited to:
- Ongoing restroom, break room, and office area cleaning
- Wall, window, floor cleaning and beautification
- Restocking and organization of janitorial supplies
- Light maintenance for all facilities like floor buffing, touch up paint, etc.
- Emptying trash and recycling
- Maintaining outside walk areas, including sweeping debris and washing walkways.
- Perform seasonal maintenance tasks including but not limited to:
- Snow removal
- Weeding, trim shrubs, etc.
- Grounds sweeping / cleaning
- Roof drain clean out
- Other tasks or assignments as requested by management
- Communication: Listens carefully to others, taking time to understand and ask questions. Present information and ideas clearly, concisely, and with grace. Comfortable providing frequent progress updates to the Studio Manager and team members.
- Customer/Client Focus: Provides friendly and courteous service to the clients of Eastern Effects. Displays pride and respect through their work and does so as a reflection of personal commitment to the customer and the company. Respectful and discreet in the presence of film and television professionals.
- Teamwork: Ability to build trust and strong working relationships with all employees, peers, and company contacts. Comfortable working closely with team members to meet challenges and find solutions.
- Time Management: Execute and manage work in a disciplined and organized way. Stay flexible and adapt to changing conditions and unexpected situations.
- Thoroughness: Sees a task through to completion. Sets high personal standards and execute tasks in an organized, efficient and thoughtful manner.
Experience / Educational Requirements:
- High School Diploma preferred.
- Minimum 2-4 years previous work experience in janitorial, custodial, or maintenance positions.
- Ability to perform physical tasks on a constant basis including standing, walking, bending, kneeling, stooping, crouching, crawling, and climbing all day
- Ability to remain standing for an extended period of time
- Ability to see and hear within normal parameters
- Communication skills using the spoken and written word
Position Type/Expected Hours of Work:
- This is a full-time position. Hours of work are Monday through Friday, 40 hours a week. Hours are subject to change by the supervisor to meet customer demand.
- Must be available to work overtime and evenings when needed