Exempt Status: Non-Exempt
Location: Brooklyn, NY
Job Title: Quality Assurance Associate
Reports To: Maintenance & Repair Supervisor
Location: 99 9th Street, Brooklyn, 11215
Date: June 2018
Summary: The Quality Assurance Associate is responsible for inspecting and testing Eastern Effects’ motion picture equipment inventory. The incumbent works with department members to process owned and non-owned equipment so it is rental- ready for clients. This position also includes order fulfillment.
- Inspect and test lighting, electric, and grip equipment adhering to company standards for equipment quality including but not limited to:
- Ensure completeness and proper working condition of components and kits; troubleshoot/replace parts and re-assemble as necessary. Transfer equipment to a technician as necessary.
- Bring equipment up to standards of cleanliness and proper assembly; record equipment damages, missing or additional equipment
- Use both manual and technological methods to track equipment inventory
- Perform check-in procedures for equipment returns in accordance with daily priorities, maintaining standards for equipment completeness, functionality, and return-to-shelf organization, including but not limited to:
- Equipment staging, initial visual inspection, basic testing, and equipment return verification
- Transfer of equipment to appropriate departments and team members.
- Maintain a clean, organized, and safe work area
- Participate periodically in the rental emergency assistance program, which includes on-call customer problem troubleshooting/resolution, or escalation to management
- Other tasks or assignments as requested by management
- Technical Capacity: Having basic knowledge of lighting and grip equipment, or equipment in related entertainment industry field. Ability to apply mechanical or technical skill to job responsibilities.
- Flexibility: Willingness and ability to readily respond to changing circumstances and expectations. Modify approach to tasks based on the preferences of stakeholders and the unique demands of each situation.
- Teamwork: Ability to build trust and strong working relationships with all employees, peers, and company contacts. Comfortable working closely with team members to meet challenges and find solutions.
- Customer Commitment: Provide the highest level of honest and accountable customer support & response. Ability to multitask in a customer focused, fast paced environment.
This position has no supervisory responsibilities
Required Education / Experience / Skills:
- High School Diploma required
- 2-4 years hands-on, technical experience. Industry related equipment experience preferred but not required.
- Basic mechanical, electrical, and tool knowledge
- Ability to perform physical tasks on an ongoing basis
- Ability to regularly lift, lower, push all manner of equipment in excess of 50 pounds, on your own
- Ability to remain standing for an extended period of time
- Ability to see and hear within normal parameters
- Communication skills using the spoken and written word
Position Type/Expected Hours of Work:
- This is a full-time position. Hours of work are Monday through Friday, 40 hours a week.
- Overtime is required daily and year-round. Overtime can be especially heavy during high season: June through November.
- Must be available to work overtime and evenings when needed