Exempt Status: Non-Exempt
Location: Brooklyn, NY
Job Title: Quality Assurance Technician
Reports To: Maintenance & Repair Supervisor
Location: Brooklyn, 11215
Date: June 2018
Summary: The Quality Assurance Technician is responsible for conducting thorough inspection, testing, and repair procedures on Eastern Effects’ motion picture equipment inventory. The incumbent works with department members to process owned and non-owned equipment so it is rental-ready for company clients. This position includes internal and external direct customer support.
- Inspect, test, and repair lighting, electric, and grip equipment adhering to company standards for equipment quality
- Ensure completeness of components and kits; replace parts and re-assemble; troubleshoot damaged or non-functioning equipment and ensure all components are functioning and in good working condition.
- Perform minor electrical and mechanical repairs. Transfer equipment to the supervisor as necessary. Bring equipment up to standards of cleanliness and proper assembly.
- Record equipment damages, missing or additional equipment
- Use both manual and technological methods to track equipment inventory
- Assist customers both over the phone and in-person with malfunctioning equipment. Troubleshoot and facilitate equipment exchanges or substitutions if required.
- Stay current with new equipment and technology and participate in manufacturer product demonstrations. Provide subject matter expertise and education to others. Initiate and conduct periodic equipment education and training sessions for staff.
- Perform check-in procedures for equipment returns according to daily priorities, ensuring standards for equipment completeness, functionality, and return-to-shelf organization including but not limited to:
- Equipment staging, initial visual inspection, basic testing
- Equipment return verification
- Transfer of equipment to appropriate departments and team members.
- Maintain a clean, organized, and safe work area
- Periodic participation in a rental emergency assistance program which includes on-call customer problem troubleshooting, resolution, or escalation to management
- Other tasks or assignments as requested by management
- Technical Capacity: Having practical and working knowledge of lighting and grip equipment, or equipment in related entertainment industry field. Ability to apply mechanical or technical skill to job responsibilities. A desire to educate self and others on new and upcoming technologies.
- Flexibility: Willingness and ability to readily respond to changing circumstances and expectations. Modify approach to tasks based on the preferences of stakeholders and the unique demands of each situation.
- Initiative: Carries out duties with limited supervision. Must demonstrate initiative in setting work priorities and carrying out ongoing projects.Takes a proactive approach and initiates contact. Shows good judgment in prioritizing work to meet deadlines. Demonstrates consistent follow through.
- Teamwork: Understands the common purpose and clear goals of the company, works within a team environment to achieve a common aim. Willingness to share information with colleagues. Ability to work through conflict, take responsibility and build team consensus.
- Customer Commitment: Provide the highest level of honest and accountable customer support & response. Ability to multitask in a customer focused, fast paced environment.
- Communication: Listens carefully to others, taking time to understand and ask questions. Present information and ideas clearly, concisely, and with grace. Comfortable providing frequent progress updates to supervisors and team members.
This position has no supervisory responsibilities
Required Education / Experience / Skills:
- High School Diploma required
- 4-7 years hands-on, technical or repair experience with industry related equipment
- Strong mechanical, electrical, and tool knowledge
- Strong computer skills
- Ability to perform physical tasks on an ongoing basis
- Ability to regularly lift, lower, push all manner of equipment in excess of 50 pounds alone
- Ability to remain standing for an extended period
- Ability to see and hear within normal parameters
- Communication skills using the spoken and written word
Position Type/Expected Hours of Work:
- This is a full-time position. Hours of work are Monday through Friday, 40 hours a week.
- Overtime is required daily and year-round. Overtime can be heavy during high season: June through November.
- Must be available to work overtime and evenings as needed