Exempt Status: Non-Exempt
Job Title: Staff Driver
Exempt Status: Non-Exempt
Reports To: Transportation Supervisor
Location: Eastern Effects Inc. / 99 9th Street, Brooklyn, 11215
Date: April 2018
Supervisory Status: Non-supervisory
Summary: The Staff Driver is responsible for delivering equipment to our customers. In addition, the Driver will work with other Transportation Department team members on vehicle and loading area upkeep assignments.
- Perform CDL and Non-CDL driving tasks including customer equipment deliveries and pick-ups, vendor deliveries and pick-ups. Plan effective travel routes for all destinations
- Stage and organize equipment returning to the facility
- Directly assist customers with loading and unloading during pickup and drop-off.
- Relay vehicle training and safety instructions to customers renting a company vehicle
- Maneuver company vehicles within the loading areas. Drive company vehicles back and forth between company lots. Jockey vehicles as needed.
- Perform fleet maintenance and beautification tasks including but not limited to interior and exterior cleaning, refueling, and logging of mileage
- Maintain cleanliness and organization in the loading bays and parking facilities
- Maintain the work area and equipment in a clean and orderly condition and follow prescribed safety regulations
- Support the Vehicle Manager with light vehicle repair and maintenance activity requiring a second hand.
- Perform seasonal snow removal support at facilities and parking lots
- Other tasks or assignments as requested by management
- Communication: Listens carefully to others, taking time to understand and ask questions. Present information and ideas clearly, concisely, and with grace. Comfortable providing frequent progress updates to supervisors and team members.
- Customer Commitment: Provide the highest level of honest and accountable customer support & response. Ability to multitask in a customer focused, fast paced environment.
- Initiative: Carries out duties with limited supervision. Takes a proactive approach and initiates contact. Shows good judgment in prioritizing work to meet deadlines. Demonstrates consistent follow through.
- Time Management: Manage one's own time efficiently. Moves seamlessly between a variety of tasks of varying levels of importance. Stays flexible and adapts to changing conditions and unexpected situations.
Experience / Educational Requirements:
- High School Diploma or equivalent.
- Minimum 2 years professional driving delivery experience.
- Valid New York State Commercial Driver license, Class B or higher and a good driving record.
- Driving and Vehicle Knowledge: Commitment to personal safety and the safety of others in the workplace. Demonstrable ability to navigate New York City streets safely, efficiently, and with minimal supervision. Must be experienced reading maps and operating GPS units. Demonstrable experience/competence with manual transmissions. Proven experience with truck loading, unloading, and load balancing.
- Ability to perform physical tasks on an ongoing basis including standing, walking, bending, kneeling, stooping, crouching, crawling, and climbing all day
- Ability to continuously lift, lower, push all manner of equipment in excess of 50 lbs.
- Ability to remain standing for an extended period of time
- Ability to remain in a seated position for an extended period of time
- Ability to see and hear within normal parameters
- Communication skills using the spoken and written word
- This is a full-time position. Hours of work are Monday through Friday, 10:30am to 7pm. Beginning May 14th, 2018, the hours of work will become Monday through Friday 10am to 6pm.
- Overtime is expected daily and is year-round. Over time can be heaviest during high season, June through November
- Must be available to work overtime, evenings, and weekends when needed