Exempt Status: Non-Exempt
Location: Brooklyn, NY
Job Title: Studio Services Associate
Exempt Status: Non-Exempt
Reports To: Studio Manager
Location: Eastern Effects Inc. / 99 9th Street, Brooklyn, 11215
Studio Locations: 270 Nevins St., Brooklyn, 11217
210 Douglass St., Brooklyn, 11217
302 Sheffield Ave., Brooklyn, 11207
Date: September 2018
Summary: Under ongoing but indirect supervision, the Eastern Effects’ Studio Services Associate provides personal and responsive support to clients renting our stage facilities and motion picture equipment. Working with a team, the incumbent is responsible for maintaining a continuous high-level of cleanliness and order for studios, offices, and support spaces before, during, and following a rental.
- Provide face-to-face support to customers renting the stages. As a point of contact, answer questions and provide solutions for their facility, IT, and equipment needs throughout their rental.
- Perform daily facility upkeep tasks including but not limited to: facility opening and closing assignments, restroom, office, and common area tidying, interior and exterior safety and beautification: clearing of egress, sweeping/mopping, debris/weed/snow removal
- Assist with studio equipment orders; communicate equipment needs to appropriate company members, load / unload and stage, conduct order verification and quality assurance processes. Provide support to our order fulfillment department on an as-needed basis.
- Support other department and team members with minor facility repairs (e.g. painting, moving materials, changing light bulbs), and light duty renovation and preventative maintenance tasks requiring a second hand.
- Greet customers and guests at the studio facilities. Conduct studio tours and provide general information on studio services and facility systems utilizing engaging and professional customer service communication.
- Other tasks or assignments as requested by management
- Customer/Client Focus: Provides friendly and courteous service to company clients. Displays pride and respect through their work and does so as a reflection of personal commitment to the customer and the company. Respectful and discreet in the presence of film and television professionals.
- Communication: Listens carefully to others, taking time to understand and ask questions. Presents information and ideas clearly, concisely, and with grace. Comfortable providing frequent progress updates to the Studio Manager and team members.
- Initiative: Carries out duties with limited supervision. Evaluates, sets and acts on strategies for solving problems and meeting objectives before being asked to do so. Sets effective priorities. Sees opportunities for action and acts on them. Creates opportunities or minimizes potential problems by anticipating and preparing for them in advance.
- Teamwork: Ability to build trust and strong working relationships with all employees, peers, and company contacts. Comfortable working closely with team members to meet challenges and find solutions.
- Proficiency: Takes pride in the work and expects the same from team members. Sets high personal standards and executes tasks in an organized, efficient and thoughtful manner.
Experience / Educational Requirements:
- High School Diploma required
- Minimum 2 years work experience in a similar position, labor-intensive environment, or related field
- In-person customer service experience; strong follow-up skills
- Computer literacy: Microsoft Office suite
- Excellent “people” skills. Willing to “go the extra mile” to satisfy the customer.
- Basic mechanical and tool knowledge
- Ability to perform physical tasks on a constant basis including standing, walking, bending, kneeling, stooping, crouching, crawling, and climbing all day
- Ability to continuously lift, lower, push all manner of equipment appx 50 pounds
- Ability to remain standing for an extended period of time
- Ability to see and hear within normal parameters
- Communication skills using the spoken and written word
- This is a full-time position, Monday through Friday. Hours of work will vary.
- Overtime is expected year-round
- Must be available to work overtime, nights, and weekends