CURRENT JOB OPENINGS
EQUIPMENT SERVICES STAFF POSITION: FILM & TELEVISION INDUSTRY
Eastern Effects, Inc., proudly located and growing in Brooklyn since 1999, provides sound stages and location lighting & grip equipment rentals to the NYC Film & Television industry. Eastern Effects has a strong reputation for supplying top notch equipment and conscientious support to all of our customers. We value our client relationships and pride ourselves in providing customer service that exceeds all expectations and satisfies even the most demanding client.
The Equipment Services Staff work as a team to prepare lighting and grip equipment orders, and check in those orders upon return, in accordance with customer requests, daily priorities, and high company standards for equipment completeness, functionality, and package presentation.
If you are a highly motivated person interested in working hands-on with a full line of motion picture lighting and grip equipment on an everyday basis you could be the person for us! Our ideal candidate would be a self-starter, highly organized, and have the ability to work independently with energy and enthusiasm. Flexibility and the ability to work under pressure is a must.
- Perform equipment package check-out processes including but not limited to: pulling and staging of equipment, order verification, and quality assurance.
- Perform check-in processes including but not limited to: staging of equipment, initial visual assessment, quantity verification, detailed equipment inspection, and basic electrical and mechanical testing
- Resolve order discrepancies directly with company rental agents and the Lighting Department Supervisor
- Assist with vehicle loading and unloading of equipment orders
- Assist with in person, customer order check-outs and check-ins
- Return equipment to its proper warehouse location
- Maintain a clean and safe work area
- Periodic participation in a rental emergency assistance program which includes on-call customer problem troubleshooting, resolution, or escalation to management.
- Other tasks or assignments as requested by management
- Customer Commitment: Provide the highest level of honest and accountable customer support & response. Ability to multitask in a customer focused, fast paced environment.
- Communication: Listens carefully to others, taking time to understand and ask questions. Present information and ideas clearly, concisely, and with grace. Comfortable providing frequent progress updates to Supervisors and team members.
- Problem Solving: Execute work in a disciplined and organized way. Stay flexible and adapt to changing conditions and unexpected situations. Makes high quality decisions based upon facts and business priorities.
- Integrity: Takes personal responsibility for quality of work. Ensure all aspects of work meets or exceeds company standards. Maintain strong ethics. Demonstrate dependability.
- Teamwork Orientation: Understands the common purpose and clear goals of the company, works within a team environment to achieve a common aim. Willingness to share information with colleagues. Ability to work through conflict, take responsibility and build team consensus. Value own time and the time of others.
This position has no supervisory responsibilities
Experience / Educational Requirements:
- High School Diploma or equivalent.
- Minimum 3-4 years’ work experience in a similar position or related field.
- Ability to perform physical tasks on a constant basis.
- Ability to continuously lift, lower, push all manner of equipment in excess of 100 pounds.
- Ability to remain standing for an extended period of time.
- Ability to see and hear within normal parameters
- Communication skills using the spoken and written word.
- Must be able to work overtime and evenings when needed.
For the right candidate, Eastern Effects offers an attractive compensation package, as well as a full array of benefits. If this sounds like the right job for you, please submit your resume and a brief note of introduction. Thank you for your interest.
Looking for a job opening that is not listed?
For all other job related inquiries, please feel free to submit your resume HERE for future consideration.