CURRENT JOB OPENINGS
Operations Support Staff / Transportation
Exempt Status: Non-Exempt
Reports To: Transportation Supervisor
Location: Eastern Effects Inc. / 99 9th Street, Brooklyn, 11215
Date: May 2017
Summary: The Operations Support Staff member is assigned full time to the transportation department. Under the direction of the Transportation Supervisor, the incumbent assists with vehicle movement, loading, and unloading. Assigned to the transportation bay, he or she is the first point of contact for company visitors and is responsible for maintaining a welcoming, clean and orderly, safe environment.
- Vehicle loading and unloading
- Assist customers during equipment pickup and drop-off
- Assist staff with staging and organization of equipment drop-offs
- Maneuver company vehicles. Load and unload as necessary.
- Direct incoming and outgoing vehicle traffic in the loading bays. Ensure safety and efficiency.
- Maintain cleanliness and organization of loading bays. Ensure safety and efficiency.
- Greet all guests entering the facility. Direct them through the facility to the appropriate department. Provide a helpful and enjoyable experience.
- Handle incoming and outgoing mail and parcels. Deliver to the appropriate recipients.
- Drive company vehicles back and forth between company lots. Jockey vehicles as needed.
- Assist with restock of equipment stored near loading bays.
- Other tasks or assignments as requested by management
- Communication: Giving full attention to what other people are saying, taking time to understand the points being made, and asking questions as appropriate. Presentation of information and ideas clearly and concisely. Comfortable providing frequent progress updates to supervisors, managers, customers, and co-workers. Being aware of others’ reactions and understanding why they react as they do, responding with positivity and grace.
- Customer Commitment: Provide the highest level of honest and accountable customer support & response. Ability to multitask in a customer focused, fast paced environment.
- Teamwork Orientation: Understands the common purpose and clear goals of the company, works within a team environment to achieve a common aim. Willingness to share information with colleagues. Ability to work through conflict, take responsibility and build team consensus.
Supervisory Responsibilities: This position has no supervisory responsibilities
Required Education / Experience / Skills:
- High School Diploma or equivalent.
- Minimum 2 years’ work experience in a similar position or related field
- Minimum 1 year driving experience, box trucks or large vans.
- Valid and clean New York State Driver License
- Must be able to work evenings and weekends when needed.
- Ability to perform physical tasks on a constant basis
- Ability to continuously lift, lower, push all manner of equipment in excess of 100 pounds
- Ability to remain standing for an extended period of time
- Ability to see and hear within normal parameters
- Communication skills using the spoken and written word.
Looking for a job opening that is not listed?
For all other job related inquiries, please feel free to submit your resume HERE for future consideration.